Has Band Back Together helped you in some way? Do you wish you could help The Band back? If so, we have an opportunity for you and we hope you'll participate!
Last week, just shy of the one year launch anniversary, Band Back Together officially applied for state designation as a non-profit entity. We are now working on the federal designation but it's a lot pricier than state - $850 pricier! There are various other pieces of paperwork and related designations we need to get in this process so, suffice it to say, this is a costly endeavor. Thus far, every cost related to running this site has been paid out of Aunt Becky's pocket with a bit of help from donations and shirt sales. We have something like 40 people volunteering countless hours behind the scenes to keep this ship afloat, as well - thank the Baby Jesus for free labor!
Needless to say, we don't want Aunt Becky paying for all of this by herself because, well, she's gonna run out of money and we'd all like to keep this site around. We've heard from many people in The Band that they'd like to help, and we're finally taking you up on the offer by running a fundraising auction.
So, this is how it works:
- Right now we are gathering donations from anyone who has something of value to offer - handmade items, collectibles, pieces of art, baked goods, a service (such as blog design), etc.
- Items up for auction will be posted up on September 19th with a suggested starting bid for each item.
- Bids will be made/tracked in the comments of each auction post.
- Auctions will be open from 1-2 weeks.
- Items will be shipped to winning bidders upon confirmation of payment via Paypal.
- A photo of your item
- Your name and the name of your blog
- A short description of the auction item
- A suggested starting bid
And please feel free to spread the word about our fundraiser. We will have a fancy button shortly.
All proceeds from this auction will go toward costs of filing for non-profit status, running this site, and outreach efforts. We will not be pocketing the money or spending it on a hot dog party!