Hi, The Band! It's Your Aunt Becky here, back for your weekly Sound-Check - our weekly check-in, some post prompt suggestions and notes from around the site.
Tonight is our @Bandback2gether (also tweeting from our @BrainsofBB2G) Twitter party which lasts from 7-8PM CST. If you'd like to join, make sure to use the #withtheband hashtag. We always give away a little something, so you should come!
(you can always show up wearing your With The Band shirt - I do)
Tonight, we're talking about "donations" to go along with our Spotlight on Donations. Remember - we're talking about all kinds of donation, not just blood and organ donation.
We're also begging for submissions about YOUR donation stories.
- Do you donate? If so, what do you donate?
- Are you an organ donor?
- If you donate, why do you donate?
The Band Back Together Spring Auction is over, and we raised far more than our expected goal - we have YOU to thank for this! I can hardly wait for our next one! (I still have no idea what I won).
The money will go toward funding the 2013 BB2G Calendar - stay tuned for more details! - as well as continued outreach materials so that we can get our site in front of people who need it.
In honor of April being Sexual Assault Awareness Month, we've put together some resources for sexual assault and rape:
Here are some sexual Assault Writing Prompts (you do NOT have to follow these):
- Have you been raped?
- How did you cope with the rape?
- What do you want to tell other victims of sexual assault?
For Autism Awareness Day (month), we've assembled some pages for you to learn more about autism and autism spectrum disorders:
Some writing prompts can include:
- What would you like to tell other special needs parents?
- How have you handled parenting a special needs child?
- What are some of the biggest obstacles you've overcome?
I know it's intimidating for a lot of you to share your stories, so I wanted to give you some generic writing prompts to get your creative juices flowing.
We'd love your stories - all of them! Please consider submitting something to us! DOOO IIIIITTT!
Here are some generic writing prompts for you:
- How has mental illness touched your life?
- How do you handle day-to-day stresses while living with a mental illness or trauma?
- What are the challenges you face every day? How do you cope with these challenges?
- Where do you feel most powerful or happiest?
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- What makes you, uniquely you?
- What's something you admire about yourself?
- What's something you're ashamed of?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What's most important to you?
Got some more? Leave 'em in the comments!
To get you (YES YOU! Don't MAKE me hunt you down and make you submit) started, here are some updated pages (these can be found in our sidebar underneath the headings):
And, for the record, we publish almost everything we receive, so don't worry!
Also: your story may feel like it's not enough. That's bullshit. It's your story - of course it's good enough.1 Comment